Wireless router setup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdon

Solid State Member
I bought a NETGEAR RP614 router last week to so I could connect both my Dell Inspiron 3500 laptop with Windows 98 and my desktop with XP Home Edition to my cable modem. I set both computers according to the manual (which is very easy to follow). All the lights worked as the book indicated, but that's as far as I could get. The next step was to connect to http://192.168.0.1 to configure the router. I didnÂ’t have Internet access with either computer, so I reconnected the modem to my desktop and got the message, "The page cannot be displayed." I tried again last night with the same result.

Netgear only has e-mail technical support; the first time I contacted them I got what looked like an automated response saying if this didnÂ’t solve my problem to reply and get a personal response. That was last Friday. I sent another e-mail yesterday (Saturday), but have heard nothing.

I have an Encore wireless PC card for my laptop.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm sorry, but could you explain what you mean by renew?

I learned that one problem was that my router wasn't wireless.
Today I received my new wireless Netgear router, and it works fine with my desktop, but I can't get my laptop to work with it. I have an Encore 2.4GHx 11 Mbps pci cardbus adapter, but following the instructions, I came to a dead end. The installation wizard went through the installation OK, but then it said to go to the "wireless cardbuss adpter utility" to continue the configuration. I can't find this utility. There is a "utility" folder on the disk, but it just holds the setup file.

There is no support section, so noone to contact.

Do you have any suggestions.

Thanks.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom