Wireless PC to TV - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Old 07-31-2015, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Wireless PC to TV

Hello World! - My professor said that is a programmer thing. Not a programmer but I am taking a programming class for my Network Admin degree. Anyway -

I am looking for some gear that will wirelessly stream a signal from my Mac to the TV. Not Chrome Cast or Apple TV, Miracast or anything like that. This is a USB transmitter that is connected to the laptop with a receiver that has an HDMI output for the TV. I have looked at the Diamond product and the reviews are terrible. We used one of these when I worked in Iraq but I can't for the life of me remember the brand. Does anyone know of a product like this that actually works? Thanks in advance.

michaeloverholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default Re: Wireless PC to TV

Something like this?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you as well as you deserve

----JR Tolken
Joe C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Night Ninja
Default Re: Wireless PC to TV

Originally Posted by michaeloverholt View Post
Not Chrome Cast or Apple TV, Miracast or anything like that.
Any particular reason? If you use an Apple TV, it will mirror the display, so it's just like having an HDMI cable run to the tv or doing what you're talking about with a different adapter. It's reliable and, since it's Apple with Apple, works 100%. I've never had an issue and it's easy to setup.
MidnightShadow is offline   Reply With Quote

hdmi, mac, no wires, pc to tv, wireless