Wireless networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tordenskjold

Banned
I have been wondering about wireless networking. Do you need a router that can do wireless netowrking.. how does it work. i just dont get it..

you just need regular headphones. then plug it into your comp and magically your'e on the net.. no ethernet wires needed

for some reason i thought i was in off-topic... so admin, don't msg me about useless posts i thought i was in off-topic.. lol

You buy a Wireless router, doesnt matter which model, and buy a wireless adapter for a PCI slot.

Routers start at $60
Cards start at $40

talldude123 said:
You buy a Wireless router, doesnt matter which model, and buy a wireless adapter for a PCI slot.

Routers start at $60
Cards start at $40

No you cant just buy any wireless router and any card they gotta be matching !!!!

or can be say gets a linksys router and a Belkin PCI Card works perfectly

Don't waste your money on a piece of crap router buy a linksys save yourself some headach's, Before the dlink fan boys bash me they do make pretty good stuff but linksys is the best.. As far as the wireless card goes you can mix and match them (it will just default to the lower speed) I suggest going wireless G so if you transfer files over a home network its alot faster, but wireless b works fine as well it will give you full internet speed but slower ethernet speed. and usb wireless adaptor's work very well as well and you don't have to add a card.

But I have to say this as well if it isn't a laptop why bother, All wireless networks can be cracked and people can steal your bandwidth and gain access to your network. If it is at all possable to run a wire to the desktop then do it that way a good wired router are only about $20 and no one can get on your network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom