wireless mouses - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2005, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default wireless mouses

im looking to change from a standard mouse to wireless and my main purpose is for gaming. Is there any difference in wireless mouses as far as speed and acuracy? whats the best wireless mouse for gaming available?

coming soon

x blade case
antec true power 550 watt power supply
amd x2 dual core 4400+
1 gig ddr400 memory
gigabyte 4x dual layer drive
nvidia 7800 gtx 512mb
gigabyte k8n pro sli motherboard
1 western digital 10,000rpm 74gb hard drive
1 western digital 320gb hard drive
Old 05-14-2005, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

wireless mouses are bad, especially for gaming

1.) slow response, people with ps/2 and usb mouses will have an advantage over you
2.) wireless mouses are heavy

overall, they wireless mouses are very bad for gaming

if you want a good mouse, go for the diamondback razor

I don\'t play for fun, I play to win and winning is fun.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to M4A1

The Logitech X1000 is supposed to be the "gamers mouse" - I've never tried it, but the thought of recharging your mouse seems superfluous to me. I purchased the Logitech MX510 and I think I made a pretty good investment. I would definitely recommend it for games, maybe even the MX518.

Stay away from wireless (especially the ones with batteries; you'll end up changing batteries every month or so, depending on the battery and how much you use it), but it's your own preference.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

i have a wireless mouse and i love it and its better for gaming for me because of the way my cables go through my desk (the cord would mess me up). for 60bux i got the logitech lx700 keyboard and mouse. keyboard is nice too and overall i love it. idk why everyone says to stay away from wireless for gaming but i like it because i can move my mouse more freely. read the reviews though, some i have heard have real bad connection problems. with mine i have had mine for about a month and have been using the keyboard every day and the connection goes about 10ft+. which is nice for me because when im listening to music i can click play/pause, vol down and stuff like that when im not at my compy.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

For my apple ibook (shutup i know your all gonna say how crappy they are) i purchased macally's rfmouse
this thing rocks came with 4 rechargable batteries one set for mouse the other set goes in the reciever/ recharger been using the same set for about 2 weeks now and no probs
If I help you with something, you think I'm the bomb, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the star under my post.

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Old 05-15-2005, 01:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

The MX-518 is the best gaming mouse. It is more critically acclaimed than the previous king of gaming mice...Razer Diamondback. But if you're left handed FORGET any MX series. I find the MX-518 more ergonomic than the Diamondback but that is personal preference.

In terms of wireless, MX-1000 is the best wireless mouse hands down. But there is lag between the time you lift the mouse off the surface and put it back down again. It's about 2 seconds which is enough time to get you head shot in CS. The MX-1000 is critically acclaimed as the best everyday mouse of various apps. So if you want to go wireless buy the Mx-1000. The MX700 is just a MX500 wireless. Not too good but not bad.

If you go corded get the MX-518. It will displace the MX-510 once it becomes more widely available just like how the MX-510 displaced the MX-500. The Razer Diamondback basically forced Logitech to make the MX-518. If you're left handed buy the Diamondback.

Rankings generally go (for gaming):

1) MX-518
2) Razer Diamondback
3) MX-1000
Old 05-15-2005, 02:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Monster Techie

i have the MX1000 and its way more responsive than my old optical wired logitech mouse
Old 05-15-2005, 11:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

Naah razer is the king

And you also forgot that alot of people actually like the intellimouse
Old 05-15-2005, 12:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I think it all boils down to what you like. I have a wireless mouse and I game... and I like it. In fact, I feel like I need something heavy in my hand for me to work well sometimes. Once you get used to it, it does not slow you down at all. However, if you have a wire mouse, it will be much lighter and easier to work with. If the wire doesn't really bother you, then I wouldn't worry about it. However, if you have your heart set on a wireless mouse, then go with it. No point in making yourself unhappy over this.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ socket 939 @ 2.3 GHz
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard
EVGA GeForce 6800 GT
2 GB DDR 400 (PC 3200) (2 x 1 GB sticks) (Dual Channel)
DVD player and seperate DVD RW drive
Floppy Drive
80 GB Western Digital Hard Drive
500 watt power supply
Sound Blaster Audigy
Logitech 5.1 surround sound speakers
SAMSUNG SyncMaster 710T LCD monitor
Aspire X Navigator Case
Old 05-15-2005, 12:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
True Techie

I used a wireless mouse once... I turned the sensitivity down to .5 and it was still to sensitive

Closed Thread