Wireless Keyboard won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

copelandtml

Baseband Member
I hace a wireless usb Microsoft Comfor Curve Keyboard that stopped working. It's worked great up until a couple days ago when it stopped I thought it was the batteries so I changed them but that doesnt seem to do anything. The lights come on when I turn it on but the signal is not being transferred for some reason from the keyboard to the usb drive. Any help would be appreciated. One keyboard for too computers is a challenge!

Do you have the USB Dongle plugged into a USB Hub or right into a USB Port? Have you tried to reconnect it with the USB Dongle?

Yes, when i hold the button down on the back of the keyboard it flashes from green to red for a while. I don't know what thats suppose to mean but after that it still doesn't seem to be receiving the signal.

Are you using Rechargable batteries?
If you are, don't. For some reason I have a lot of people coming into my shop telling me that the rechargable keyboard and mouse does not work. However I normally find that they are using cheap rechargable batteries. I instal some normal batteries and every thing is woking again

And here is a strange one, but I have seen it a few times. Are you using long life light buld in your room? Did you rescently change it? Change your light bulb again to another brand.
I have seen some long life light bulbs interfere with wireless keyboard, mice and TV remotes.

I use rechargeable batteries on my keyboard and never had a problem. They really last a long time.

That is strange about the light bulb. Why would a light bulb interfere with a wireless signal? Do they interfere with network too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom