Wireless Keyboard Problems....

Status
Not open for further replies.

annieb727

Baseband Member
Ok...here's the deal. We bought the Logitech MX700 Mouse and keyboard (cordless of course), and I thought I had ruined the keyboard -- I spilled a little Infant's Tylenol on it, but flipped the keyboard over and thought I had caught it in time...well, then I thought maybe I hadn't because it stopped working well...keys wouldn't work when I was trying to use it...so you can imagine how frustrating it was for me!!

So, I chalked it up to stupid tax for keeping my son's medicine on our desk (since then NOTHING liquid or spillable goes on the desk). So we purchased a refirbished one from overstock.com, of course we had to get the whole thing since they didn't sell just that particular keyboard...well, I got it and started using it for a bit, and just a few minutes ago it started acting up just like the first one!! What's up with that?? So now I'm thinking it wasn't the spill that caused the damage, but something else is going wrong...would anyone have any suggestions??

As far as wireless things in the vicinity, we have a cordless phone and a baby monitor, but neither of those are right next to it...also the mouse has been working just fine.

So for now, I'm using a corded keyboard, but I'd really like to get back to my cordless -- makes putting it up high (away from my two year old) much easier!!

Thanks in advance for your help!

~Annie

it seems like sometimes it will work just fine for a little while. then some of the keys won't work, and some will. I think it's always worked at least some.

I also tried unplugging it from the keyboard plug and plugging it into the USB since the keyboard plug didn't seem to be plugged in snugly, but that didn't do anything to help either.

oh...and sometimes, it acts like it's just lagging...if I press the key repeatedly all of a sudden it will type a ton of stuff....other times it just won't do it.

move the base station away from any other devices . . . speakers, printer, baby monitor, phone, etc (i keep mine on the windowsill above my desk)

also, try using itouch and mouseware to see if the keyboard and mouse are on different channels (1 and 2)

ok...well i'm not sure what's going on, but i can't get the mouse to work now either....i even switched out the mice...to the "new" one, but it's not working either (had to plug in another one to the front usb just to use the computer)!!! this is getting VERY frustrating!!

itouch and mouseware aren't giving me much/anything as far as information goes either!

oh...also, i was going to just redo the connection from the base to the mouse and keyboard, and when I pressed the connect button, nothing popped up on the screen like it had in the past????

reinstall all the drivers and software . . . i bet it has something to do with that

did u check the batteries?? could be flat and need charging and to replace the keyboard batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom