Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I have a Logitech G5 v2, and a simple Key Tronic KB. I am looking toward wireless to get rid of the wires. I do like my G5, but I don't have a need for the extra buttons anymore.

I would like a mouse with a tilt wheel
I'm looking at RF, as BT is so expensive
No need for a media keyboard
I want it to be lasting on batteries, as I will be using it for every-day use.

My budget is $30-40

Anything else, please ask. :)

I highly recommend against wireless mouse and keyboard. If you do any sort of gaming at all that requires snappy response then you'll immediately notice that there's a bit of a latency issue.
I have tried them before, and I just can't stand them. Especially wireless mice.

Maybe things have changed since I last tried using wireless devices, but last I tried it was slow to respond with games and I noticed input lag, so I recommend against it.

I use a wireless mouse on my netbook. I never notice any lags. I also have a small mouse and keyboard on my EeeBook PC. But that's only a HDPC.

The only game I play nowadays is StarCraft 2. I use my mouse more than the kb. I could just use the wireless for simple cases, and use my G5 for gaming mode.

I find Bluetooth to be better than most standard RF devices I've seen, mainly due to the range. Bluetooth has a range of around 30 feet while I've seen regular wireless keyboards lose connection at 5 feet or less with full batteries. If you're at a desk you don't need to go wireless and it will just be a pain to replace batteries, if you're at your TV you'll need the longer range. I don't see a point in short-range RF keyboards to be honest.

I will only be at my desk, my computer directly under it. Bluetooth keyboards as well as mice, are a little expensive and only a few are made by Logitech and Microsoft.

Range is no problem for me.

Update

I now have a Logitech K250 keyboard and a Logitech M350 mouse. I got a good deal on them from BestBuy online.

Mouse - $39.99 regular - 70% off = ~$14
Keyboard - $29.99 regular - $10 = $19.99

I find no problem with them. I am typing this as we talk. No lag at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom