Wireless Keyboard + 2 PCs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maver

Beta member
Is it possible to have 1 wireless keyboard control 2 PCs at the same time?

Say i type on the keyboard and the things I type come out as tect on both PCs.

If this is possible, how would I go about setting it up?

I would buy 2 wireless keyboards, and set up the 2 recievers, but is there a way to set them to the same frequency? I have never owned a wireless keyboard so im not sure if this is possible or not.

thats a good question, im gonna have to try that but i do know that you hook up 2 keyboards, to one pc just fine, either wireless, usb ps2 etc. You might have to daisy chain the wireless keyboard using a usb hub. Try it......

well, so far I don't have a wireless keyboard. I currently use a wired and its always worked just fine for me. I have always not wanted to worry about batteries. However, the G15 looks pretty nice and just thought of trying this out. Before I went out abnd bought a new keyboard I wanted to check and see if this was possible.

I was asking someone else and they were saying to try to order another reciever with same serial number from manufacture and try that. Told me they ran 10-15 bucks, they had a dog accident happen and had to order a new one. I'm not sure if that would work or not, or if they would cause some sort of interferance with each other or lag.

if i had another pc with me id try it using the usb hub. it seems like to me it work at the same. Why would you want to do this anyways?

I play an MMO called asheron's call. Its pretty plagued with macros and pug ins that animate your characters. All the macros and plug ins were disabled when their new expansion came out, and I got used to playing without them. This is after using em for years.

Well, they are back now, but I'd like to stray away from getting them again, they were rather annoying, caused me lag and just had alot of up keep. One thing I miss is being able to play 2 characters at once though. This would allow me to continue to do it without having to rely on the macros etc to run my characters. It is fun to me because im the type who enjoys playing alt characters and lvling up new ones all the time. To me the extra challenge of lvling two at the same time is really rewarding to me and kinda adds to the enjoyment.

I've got two wireless Logitech keyboards. One of them is broken. So I plugged the USB receiver into my laptop. The other USB reciever is plugged into my desktop. If they are close enough together the one keyboard can be used on both computers.

hmm, im still looking for input on this. I am wondering if theres some way to use some sort of splitter to get this to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom