Wireless connection

Well damn, cause right now I have my router in one room and the "bridge" (just learned what its called) in another to help spread the signal throughout the house. I won't be able to use hardwire from my router to my computer so would you just recommend using ASUS USB-N53 802.11 a/b/g/n 300Mbps Dual-Band Wireless-N300 USB Adapter?

You can use whatever adapter you wish. If it gets signal to your PC that is all that matter. But dont expect great speeds, even with a dual band adapter and dont expect it to be flawless.

Just remember that ordinary things like phones or Microwaves can interfere with the connection because of the radio waves common house hold items give off. My phone gets glitchy when I am near a microwave etc. Keep this in mind as well.

Getting a high-gain antennae for your wifi card on your computer will help some with getting a stronger signal.

But like mentioned, it's still wireless, so there's still no way to guarantee that you will not have issues. Gaming on a wifi connection is possible yes, but you can still have issues. But getting a high-gain antennae (or even one that comes off of the PC like this: Newegg.com - EDIMAX EW-7128Gn Wireless Adapter for PC and Mac IEEE 802.11b/g/n PCI Up to 150Mbps Wireless Data Rates WEP 64/128, WPA, WPA2, WPS, Cisco CCX Support).

Back
Top Bottom