Wireless connection - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Old 08-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Wireless connection

Well damn, cause right now I have my router in one room and the "bridge" (just learned what its called) in another to help spread the signal throughout the house. I won't be able to use hardwire from my router to my computer so would you just recommend using ASUS USB-N53 802.11 a/b/g/n 300Mbps Dual-Band Wireless-N300 USB Adapter?

ThatNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

You can use whatever adapter you wish. If it gets signal to your PC that is all that matter. But dont expect great speeds, even with a dual band adapter and dont expect it to be flawless.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

KSoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Networking Apprentice

Just remember that ordinary things like phones or Microwaves can interfere with the connection because of the radio waves common house hold items give off. My phone gets glitchy when I am near a microwave etc. Keep this in mind as well.
If you liked what I say or just want to share the love click the scales on the bottom left of my post. :)
luke127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Private Joker

Getting a high-gain antennae for your wifi card on your computer will help some with getting a stronger signal.

But like mentioned, it's still wireless, so there's still no way to guarantee that you will not have issues. Gaming on a wifi connection is possible yes, but you can still have issues. But getting a high-gain antennae (or even one that comes off of the PC like this: Newegg.com - EDIMAX EW-7128Gn Wireless Adapter for PC and Mac IEEE 802.11b/g/n PCI Up to 150Mbps Wireless Data Rates WEP 64/128, WPA, WPA2, WPS, Cisco CCX Support).

Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote