Wireless connection

ThatNewGuy

Solid State Member
I have a router & a wireless connection booster for my home right now and all of us only have laptops.. To be able to connection my new desktop that I'm about to buy, what would I need to get 1 x Wireless Network Adapter ( ASUS USB-N53 802.11 a/b/g/n 300Mbps Dual-Band Wireless-N300 USB Adapter )

and would you recommend a dual-band or a single band?

Edit:
For gaming purposes would a 32" monitor be better than having two 19" or 22" monitors?

Well, is this online gaming? It is better to be hardwired for those games, better speeds.

Also, how far would the PC be from the router?

With a wall separating each room or is it open space? Because if there's a wall your going to get lower speeds and bars due to the fact that a signal has to work harder to go through a wall than it does to go through open space.

I could run it through the upstairs patio porch but the cord would be in the middle of rooms and stuff... so really wiresless is only way to go. I just don't wanna lose a connection or have random lag spikes you know?

Edit:
cause right now I'm trying to watch a live stream and it constantly stops randomly and my internet is fine as you can see I'm posting on here.

There is no way to guarantee that you will not end up with issues. I have a Netgear N300 WiFi USB Adapter connected to my PC downstairs. It will randomly drop connection for no reason while I am just streaming stuff from my PC upstairs. I am not on the internet or anything like that. I am just connected to my home network and it gets lost.

So you can go WiFi, just know up front that there is no way you will have a flawless connection. It just doesnt happen.

Back
Top Bottom