wired vs wireless - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2005, 10:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Techie

yes, and with radio stations there's a broadcast delay for censoring issues in case someone says something profane they can bleep it out

wire transmission you do lose a tiny bit due to wire resistance but its really really small

the issue with wireless on PC's is interference(minimal at 900mhz), but most importantly that signal has to be converted to something the PC can use, with a ps/2 mouse its a simple IRQ and only a couple sys calls, USB and other connections add more sys calls and latency to the mix

Old 06-05-2005, 12:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

its not very noticable, i had a 70$ wireless mouse keyboard set from microsoft that i could notice lag in fast-paced games... but otherwise i think it will become so close to same speed we can't tell, so tis pointless to argue.

The World is my trashcan and i intend to fill it...
Old 06-05-2005, 01:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Originally posted by apokalipse
it's possible...
the MX-1000 is pretty damn fast
No, it's not possible. There is a reason why the diamondback and mx518 are both wired. The MX1000 is the fastest wireless mouse, but it is still not as good as wired. No matter how fast a wireless mouse is, wired is ALWAYS faster, even if you cant tell the difference.

so, umm, err yeah
Closed Thread