wired vs wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveGTA

In Runtime
ok i know that right now wireless may be a little behind on wired mouses when it comes to gaming. but if you think about it(or atleast when i do :D ).. wireless mouses will become faster than wired mouses. for one they have less distance for the signal to travel and 2, wires have their limits because of friction right?

am i a total dumbazz or will wireless become faster than wired some day?

SteveGTA said:

am i a total dumbazz

Since you said so, yes

Wireless mice will always be slower in the conversion process, wireless interference, weight, battery life ect.

im gonna have to say wired will always be best... just my opinion maybe, but it seems like electricity traveling at what the speed of light or so will travel faster than any radio-type waves... once again my opinion, but i hate wireless anyways because ive had bad experiences.

Re: Re: wired vs wireless

DJ-CHRIS said:
Since you said so, yes

Wireless mice will always be slower in the conversion process, wireless interference, weight, battery life ect.

well i think one thing they are doing for iPods i heard (could be applied to wi mouses) is making plastic that can hold evergy like a battery which would probably help with battery life(?) and weight.

but still, couldnt they eventually make them faster? i know now it might seem impossible but...

Radio signals go just as fast as electricity for all practical purposes, BUT, the wireless signal has to be converted at the PC, and a ps/2 direct connection is faster and has less interference.Not because the signal goes any faster, but because there's less involved at the PC end of things, its just a straight IRQ check basically, less system calls involved.

are you sure? radio waves dont travel at speed of light do they? like i said i could be wrong, but who knows? anyone remember high-school physics?
also the ps/2 and USB ports are enclosed, so less interference.

yes radio waves travel at c, just like light waves----->186,000 miles per second roughly

then why is there a lag difference between phone lines and radio waves... whenever someone calls into a radio station that is broadcasting direct and live, the broadcast can be 10-15 seconds behind depending on distance from radio station... if they are travelling 186,000 miles per second then why are they lagging?

ok, ive got it... it depends upon the medium with which it travels, i remember now... because the radio waves are traveling through the air and the electronic signal is traveling down a wire which is an excellent medium the electronic signal will always travel faster... only in a vacuum would radio waves actually travel at light-speed

EDIT: if im not mistaken a higher frequency in radiation turns into a lesser speed through the same medium, as far as waves are concerned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom