Wiped Video BIOS Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

jax1811

Beta member
Hello All,

In a moment of noobish madness, I somehow managed to accidently erase the Video BIOS chip of my Gainward Ti-4200 (64 Meg Version). This is probably a lost cause but, is there anyway of saving my trusty card?

Thanks in advanced to anyone who can help.

You would have to search for the BIOS. (maybe nvidia or the board maker would have it) Load it on a floppy and re-flash your card.

Don't suppose you have a PCI graphics card do ya?

Theres a way to flash the vid card BIOS, buy having both cards in the system. You need the PCI card obviously so you can see and navigate through windows.

Then once you're in windows you should be able to flash the AGP card like you normally would.

Nubios has the right idea, just go into the BIOS and disable the card if u can, or maybe you'd have to disable the whole port altogether, in which case youd be screwed. you might be able to replace the BIOS if it's removable and it would cost you about 20 - 40 bucks.

Don't believe video cards have removable BIOS chips like some motherboards offer.

Thanks

Haven't got a PCI card unfortunately, using an old MX 420 (Ouch), time for an upgrade I think, 6600GT here I come! Thanks for the help ppl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom