Windows Vista Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceyc0ld

In Runtime
Hey guys I'm starting to get the black screen, it loads to the point of the login screen where i can put my user password but it dosent get there and it just stays black.

Do you guys know of any simple solutions? Also, seems like the "last known good configuration" button works out well, but do I loose any data ? It says it restores computer back to a good point.. Would that mean yesterday when it was running fine?

If this is in the wrong forum move if you would like :big_smile: I haven't used these forums in almost a year.

THANKS

Last known config is aq system restore basically, You shouldn't lose data, but will loose settings etc, so yes, Yesterday or last week.

Its possible a bad update, or worse virus got in.

But, to sum it up, I'd give it a go.

It could be a few things. Run the Vista Setup program, it has a basic repair tool for start-up problems. It also has a tool to check for memory problems. Or you can download Memtest to check your memory.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Look and see if Windows has installed any new updates, sometimes they can cause a driver conflict.

It could also be your hard drive. You can go to the manufacturers website and download a diagnostic program for the hard drive, usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom