Windows NT 4.0 Workstation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishirituraj

Beta member
I have tried installing windows NT 4.0 workstation on a computer using the ASUS P4P800-VM motherboard, but it fails to install.

The initial driver lists start loading and the the PC restarts.

Can anyone give me a solotion to it ?

What are the other specs of the machine?

Why are you using NT 4.0? It is vastly out of date. Wy not go with W2K?

The motherboard is an ASUS P4P800-VM equavalent to the Intel 865G, with Kingston 256 MB DDR RAM (333MHz.), 20 GB Hard disk,
Onboard Sound, Display and Lan
This system requires a radar simulation software to be loaded which works on NT 4.0
Any suggestions?

Does it only work on NT 4.0?It seems reasonable that it would work on 2K and XP if it worked on NT40. But, whatever, thats your prerogative and I'm not going to try to tell you what to do.

Try loading a different OS, just for the cock of it, and see if it works. Maybe try a different NT install CD, are there any scratches on it?

Also, try installing the OS without any peripherals in it. For example, take out the LAN when installing it. Try a different stick of RAM too. Of course, try all of these things one at a time so maybe you can pinpoint the problem.

I hope this help. Keep posting, keep us updated.
-Bones

One thing I forgot to mention was the HDD. Is it brand new? If you still cant get any progress, try to zero fill the drive. More often than not, if you have a HDD error, this will fix it.

http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/drivers/discwiz.html

Get the discwizard starter edition, create a bootable floppy, and boot from that. For me to zero fill a 60gb drive, it took about 5 hours. I'm imagining it will take you somewhere between 3 and 4. Try everything else before you do this though.

Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom