windows not starting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscJockey

Solid State Member
when i start my computer, after the main screen comes up (about the motherboard) then it just goes to a blackscreen with a little underscore _ which keeps blinking..

i was doing something with Partition Magic and now this problem occured.

any suggestings?

i was trying to change the primary drive to logical and the logical to primary (Basically, swap the C: and D:)

but when it got to 19%.. the computer froze so i had to restart it and now i cant get thru safe mode or nothing...

only think i can suggest is that you try repairing windows, or use fdisk through dos. You should be able to sort your partitions out.

are you booting from a cdrom or a floppy disk...if your copy of windows will not boot from the cd, then make a bootable floppy. Maybe a format is in order, but obviously that is the last resort

the CD doesnt boot... how do i make a bootable floppy disk.. i made 1 using the windows xp but when i do load it.. i cant access no other drives (NO E: D: or nothing :|)

i think i need some kind of file or sommat

try going into the bios and changing the boot sequence so that the first boot is from cdrom, cos i am sure that all Windows XP disks are bootable

so after booting to the floppy you cant goto the C: drive (system drive???) guess if you boot to dos you could use fixmbr and fixboot...

Carniva said:
try going into the bios and changing the boot sequence so that the first boot is from cdrom, cos i am sure that all Windows XP disks are bootable

how do i do that?

i can go to setup by pressing F2 but i cant change the boot sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom