Windows not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff1000

In Runtime
Ok today i installed my dvd writer (hp dvd630i) plugged in the power, and data cable. I booted it up and it wouldnt go past the loading windows screen, so i unplugged the drives data cable and it worked fine. i cant install the firmware because the device isnt connected and i cant install the firmware with the drive installed because it wont load windows. could this be a jumper issue? (the jumper is set to slave) i also have a cd-rw drive connected to the same cable. tyty

You dont need a CD burner with a DVD burner in the machine so I would take it out. Almost every DVD burner also burns CD's.

It does sound like both jumpers are set to the same.

Also check to make sure the IDE connections are being detected/enabled in the bios.

Also disable Anti-Virus protection in the bios if you have the option.

Make sure your system time and date are correct also.

I already know the actual reason. It will not work becuase when ever you install a magor hardware change XP will not load. Reformate XP.

This belongs in the Windows Forums.

Mushroomcloud said:
Sounds like you have two masters, instead of a master and slave.
Thats what the problem was, i switched the jumper on the dvd drive and it was recognized BUT! i loaded windows, went to desktop, that little baloon popped up... crash.
other times the blue screen that says hardware malfunction blah blah blah comes up for a split second then reboots.

Try using the DVD as the master and the CD as the slave. (I would suggest getting rid of the CD since DVD Burners can burn CD also) Some DVD burners have to be set as the Master for some reason. Check in the manual that came with the DVD burner to see if it says set it to the master or slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom