windows messed up in need of reformat help

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i tried to reformat but my windows disk tells me that my version is already too old what the **** windows and now i get this icon telling me ive got a counterfited version what should i do?

Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is newer than the version on the CD.

Warning: If you decide to delete the newer version of Windows that is currently installed on your computer, the files and settings cannot be recovered.

sure i will delete my whole computer if needed i just want it fixed

Formatting erases the disk/partition you format. It you only have a single disk or partition, formatting it will erase everything. If your data and files are on a separate drive/partition, you are good to go. If you are not sure, STOP and find out.

As trotter said, a format will remove all data from that disk / partition. If you are unsure ask for help and use google to find out what your doing.

yeah the drives are seperate but when i tried to format the screen telling me that ive got a too old of a version came up and now ive lost my wireless and my dvd drive

Format the Windows drive, install the one you have, and then update it. You will have to download and install the drivers for yuor stuff, like motherboard, wireless, etc.

As long as your stuff is on a separate drive it will be safe.

ok thanks and for some reason my dvd drive and wireless all came back just now so i can get a newer version with sp2 and try again

ok i got the oem windows xp and ran it but when i restart it asks me if i want to start windows home or windows pro as well as i no longer have the standby selection when turning off my computer
and finally what is needed to access my 2nd hard drive i still have my primary one but i want my secondary one with my movies and music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom