*windows has ecountered a problem* - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2005, 01:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Techie

Originally posted by r1c3_808
the only reason i considered reformatting is becuz i wanted to start fresh again. But since ive never reformatted before and i dont want to reinstall all the drivers and stuff im having second thoughts.
If the file itself is corrupted it wont make a difference if i reformated anyway right?
If you reformatted all those files would be deleted in the process. Just burn them on a DVD and try them on another PC or burn them as backup if you really want to reformat. For my avis it was only a couple of them not all of them. If that is the case with you too then it is most likely isolated to only those video files and not others and the other files in your OS. If you reformat you will have to go through the hassle of reinstalling everything which is a pain if you don't have Windows SP2 on your reinstallation disk. The update takes over an hour for me and other stuff. Last time I reformatted well not really I replaced a HD I didn't reformat since last year it took me a good 3 hours to get everything back to where it was. Just use system restore if you really think your Explorer or OS or drivers are corrupted but I seriously doubt they are. If your case is the same as mine then it is only those avis.

Closed Thread