Windows 95 boot up problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Student

Beta member
Hi there,

recently I changed the resolution to a higher one in windows 95 and the screen just went all flickery green and I couldnt see anything to change it back to the resolution I initially had it on.

So

I re-booted hoping it would re-set it back to the other resolution size but it didnt and I couldnt see anything clear enough to change it.

I then wanted to try and re-set and boot up in safe mode by pressing F8 on load. But this time the computer didnt get past the second screen. The first screen shows the memory size etc then the next one shows the disk drives etc and it stays on that. I cant get passed that to load Windows 95.

Does anyone know what the problem could be and how I can resolve this ??

The problem is the higher resolution, the PC and monitor aren't on the same page so you get that jumbled garbage when trying to work on the computer.

As far as rebooting goes, you didn't do nothing wrong there, the way you fix this is to boot into safe mode and change the resolution.

BUT!! If you aren't getting past the POST test (The Power On Selft Test, that the computer runs everytime you turn it on) It could be a couple of things.

Just for the heck of it, make sure all of your cables aren't loose.

Do you hear any beeps when the computer is booting?

...try it again,

Let us know how it goes and we'll take it from there.

Also, this might belong in the OS/Software forum. :)

OK, the cables are all ok and not loose.

There is a beep.

I made a boot disk but after trying all of the options (after pressing F8) all I can get is a dos prompt. No entry to windows !!

need some expert advice here. ;)

Also I tried a different monitor (my decent one) and it still gave me the same dilema. Although I didnt have the boot disk at that stage (would that make a difference?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom