Windows 7 64-bit Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
First off, I am thinking this is more of a hardware issue than a Windows issue, but I'm going to try here first. I have 4GB of RAM, but Windows is only saying 3.75GB is usable. It does detect the full 4GB though. I'm assuming it's because of the integrated video, which is why I was thinking hardware, and not actually Windows. I've searched the BIOS, but can't seem to find a way to disable the onboard video, any suggestions?

Sorry but have to ask. Are you sure it is 64 Bit? Start>Run>winver

Just to make sure. Other than that it could be a glitch with Win7 or it could be hardware related.

Was it recognized in any previous install of Windows?

Sorry but have to ask. Are you sure it is 64 Bit? Start>Run>winver

Just to make sure. Other than that it could be a glitch with Win7 or it could be hardware related.

Was it recognized in any previous install of Windows?

Yes, I'm positive it's 64-bit. It did show the full 4GB with a different motherboard, but it had a far superior BIOS than the current.

Are there any updates to the BIOS? Have you run MemTest to confirm that all slots are working properly?

I mean that seems to be the only reason why it would do this if it previously showed the full amount before but isnt now then it would have to be hardware not Windows.

No BIOS updates are available. I'm leaning more towards it being a hardware/BIOS problem more than a Windows issue. Could we get this thread moved to the hardware forum, so I don't have to make a new one?

There might be memory allocated elsewhere for video or something or another.

I too have 4gb of RAM, and as we speak I am on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 64 bit Edition. My system monitor reports back as 3.8gb total memory.

There might be memory allocated elsewhere for video or something or another.

I too have 4gb of RAM, and as we speak I am on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 64 bit Edition. My system monitor reports back as 3.8gb total memory.

That's what I am thinking. I can't disable the integrated, which is what I believe is the problem.

I was also going to ask if you had an integrated card. I am pretty sure that Windows automatically allocates some RAM for the video card even if it is a dedicated card.

I swapped out the board. Everything is reading as it should. Got tired of trying to troubleshoot it. This thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom