Win XP ask me to Format my New HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

madking153

In Runtime
hi, i using 2 system (Win 2000 Pro & WinXP ) in 2 different drives -but in a same HD .
Then i bought a new HD -200GB and use Win2000 -Storage Management to partition it .So i transfer some mmp3 to this new HD .
But if i use Win Xp - it ask me to format it .....

Now i planning to format my old HD and install Win xp - how should i do to let XP recognize my new HD and not format it ..
coz i want to keep my mp3

well anytime you creat a new partition you have to format it . atleast thats what iv bin led to believe from experiance.

Yeah ... it may be asking you to format the partition. Otherwise it would be New or RAW and not have a filing system on it.

no , pls read again my question . I use Win 2000 to partition and format - so the drive is working , then only i can move my mp3 to this new HD .

After that , i use another system to browse it ( Win Xp ) it ask me to format it .........

Please make your question make sense.

Do you mean that you have Win2K on the older disc and that your going to use it to format the new 200Gb disc and then move your MP3s onto said disc. Then browse the disc with XP?

As i state above , i got WInXP and Win2000 in different drives( but in the same HD ) . Recently i bought a new 200GB HD , i partition it in Win2000 ( included format ) .-So now the new HD is useable .

But if I switch it to Win Xp and browse it (the new HD) it ask me to format it . I partition the new HD with NTFS

Ohhh yes, I remember this problem. I had it with a similar setup.

XP is going to be a twat. Its going to take possestion of everything on the drive, then delete it all. And then stop 2K playing with it.You have 2 options in my view. Either remove 2K or remove XP, they won't happily coexist in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom