win 2k and cdroms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldmg

Solid State Member
I have a problem with Windows 2000Pro, my CDrom drive and my cd rewriter. Although Windows says my drives are installed ok and I can play audio discs it will not access any data discs.

In the Event Viewer it returns an error of :

Event Source : Removable Storage Service
Event ID: 17
Description:
RSM cannot manage library CDrom0. (next error is CDRom1.) It encountered an unspecified error. This can be caused by a number of ....... you all know the rest.

Having checked all of the suggestions as to what it can be Im stumped. Any help would be gratefully recieved.

The first thing you should try is probably to download the latest drivers for your cd-drive..

I am currently using the atapi drivers in Windows. The strange thing is they both did work when I was installing windows and other software. They just stopped after I shutdown and switched on the next day. This is what is so puzzling the fact that I didn't, knowingly, do anything.

Thanks for the suggestion I will look into it.

This is puzzling... Did you do something (install new hardware, program, change setting) before you shut your computer down the last time it was working?

No I had just finished setting the computer up with new windows and programs(all the programs I previously had on the computer)
when the problem started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom