Will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysalis

Systems Engineer
I'm building a custom recording system for my church and I just need to know if this setup will work. I'm pretty sure that it will, but I'm just double checking. Everything is from Newegg. I'm copying the titles of everthing from their site.

here it is:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3000BIBOX

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-K8NSC-939 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce3 250Gb ATX AMD Motherboard

Heatsink/Fan: ASUS Crux K8 MH7S 70mm Hydro Wave Cooling Fan/Heatsink

RAM: CORSAIR XMS 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)

HD: (1 system drive) Western Digital Caviar WD200BB 20GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive

(2; audio drive) Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 6Y200P0 200GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA133 Hard Drive

Video card: ASUS Geforce4 MX4000 64MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card

DVD burner: SONY DRU710A Beige IDE DVD Burner

Case and power supply aren't known yet :p

I have a feeling there will a conflict with the hard drives, but i dont really know. Last time I built a computer like this, 200gb drives weren't thought of.

1.) just use stock cooling
2.) get 1 gig of corsair value ram
3.) why would you need a 20gig hdd as well? the 200 is enough for just one hdd
4.) replace that sony with the nec 3510a

alright... thanks! Theres a reason for the two hard drives. These are huge files that are going to be made and also the drives get alot of throughput while recording and if the software is on the same drive thats used for recording, there are chances of dropouts and also you get better performance.

I sounds crazy, but its very true. Ask almost any engineer whats in their computer and i'm sure that 80% of them have two drives. One system and one audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom