will not post - no beep sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdmanmar

Beta member
I am trying to build a new system using my athlon mp-1200 or duron-1200 both are basically new and unused. I have tryed both on 3 boards (actually 6 all to geather) which I can not get to post or make any sound or send a signal to the monitor. These boards are uninstalled. I am using a power supply with Output: +3.3V@28A, +5V@38A, -5@0.5A, +12V@17A, -12V@0.8A, 5VSB@2A from what I have read this is more than enough. The heatsink fan comes on, starts to pol the hardware-keyboard flashes then nothing. I have tryed 1 stick of memory (Kingston DDR 2700) changed slots and with no memory still nothing, no sound. The Athlon MP gets warm as do the chipsets. For wiring I have only a speaker (tryed 3 dif) and an on/off switch. I have built many other AMD systems, however none with an Athlon MP processor. The motherboard I bought to go with the Athlon mp-1200 is a Biostar M7VIZ which states "support for Paliminos" I can not believe none of these boards will post but they do not. Any ideas?

could try reseating the vid card and also check the processor for any bent pins and then reseat it.

Thanks killians45 for the reply. A couple of the boards have on board vga still I checked all boards with no less than 4 agp and 2 pci cards as well. I did check both processors pins and none were even bent. When I installed each one with zero force moving the levers a couple times for a proper seat. I would think there would be some kind of sound some where - wrong, bad, even no memory. same with the vga cards ? how about the wrong setting some where for the processors something?? I know dead boards come from the factory all the time but 100% ? That seems mathmaticaly impossible doesn't it? Any other thoughts?

reset the mother board.

unplug all of the devices including the powersupply, then take out the battery on the mother board and then put the battery back in, plug in component by component.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom