will i run any better ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voxx.013

Baseband Member
hello,

i have a Asus A7N8X-X mobo (http://www.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-x/overview.htm) and im currently only running one stick of ram. if i bought another and chucked it in, would i get better gameplay etc even though i dont have dual channel ram slots ?

and what dose that extra slot on the end do, i know its for ram but having 3, would it be any better, enough to make a good difference. ?

how much ram do u have? it makes more difference if u upgrade from 64MB to 1GB than upgrading from 1GB to 2GB for example. It depends on the amount of ram and it depends on the speed of the modules.

i have 512 atm. and i wont to get another stick ..

like i said its not dual channel mobo but will it still make a nice difference ?

nothing in bios would need to be changed .. just throw it in and go go ..

also, if u click the link i have the 3rd slot beside it, is that for ram also, and if it is, putting another stick in there would that increase propformance even more ?

From 512MB to 1GB will make a decent amount of difference. I noticed a pretty decent 3dmark03 score difference between my pc (512MB) and a similar one but with 1GB of ram.

But from what I've seen being posted here, 1.5GB of RAM doesn't really help performance compared to 1GB

yes, just throw it in. And the third slot is for RAM as well. For good performance u need sticks with low latencies and its better to have 2 sticks of 256 than one stick of 512 (i've heared), but if u want to have 1GB u need at least one 512 and 2x256 sticks. Same latencies + same brands is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom