Wierdest problem: Computer shuts down randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
In old mobos the same symptoms are from leaking Capacitors. Its happened to me before and sure enough when I checked the mobo there was a crack in the Capacitors around the CPU.

Underpowered PSU should b the culprit.

But in some rare cases a hardware clash could b the reason for abrupt shutdowns.
Remove ur Sound card, cd-roms etc and boot.
Now keep on addin each part one by one and check for shutdowns.This way u can find the culprit.:)

i had this problem when i first got my athlon 64, my PSU didn't have enough amps on the +12v rail. So i upgraded from 350w to 600w... which didn't fix it.. so I upgraded again to a PSU with 20 amps on it. Now its fixed. might be different for your athlon.. just a suggestion

unplug anything you do not need except motherboard, video, CPU, and 1 stick of RAM so you can reduce the amount of power you need. that should tell you for sure if you do not have enough power. I don't think it's your power supply though. It could be the brand of memory you are using, but more likely I think your problem is in your motherboard. It sounds to me like the motherboard failed on you. have you tried resetting CMOS on it? look in the motherboard manual for resetting CMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom