wierd X800 pro problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmaux

Beta member
I wonder if anyone here can help me.
I have weird problems with my x800 pro.
When I run games on 1200x1600 with full AA and AF on it runs at the expected rate for the card BUT when I drop the resolution to the lowest and turn all AA and AF off it runs at exactly the same speed!
It doesnt matter what i do the setting, the frame rate is always the same. On some games its ok but on some areas of halflife like the big outdoor areas i was only getting 7-8 fps!!!
Now I have asked for help on loads of forums and no one seems to know what it is.
I have all the latest drivers etc.
Now the only thing i want to know is how likly is it that its motherboard incompatability? I bought a very cheap motherboard called something like asus X series. Can problems like this happen due to the motherboard not being suitable or is that not likley?
Any help would be greatly apreciated!

I have the X800 Pro and HL2 runs like a dream, although I never have tried it at 1600x1200. Doom 3 is a different story. Do you have your chipset drivers installed?

Also, HL2 is very CPU intensive. What CPU are you running? How do other games besides HL2 run?

Your computer sounds CPU limited. HL2 in the big outdoor area's is CPU limited anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom