Wierd Problem- plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk88

Baseband Member
When i bought my AMD Athlon 64 3300+ it was said on the label that it was 2.4 Ghz. When i ran windows it showed that it was 1.8 Ghz. I figured out that my FSB was ok because it was set to 200 Mhz but what i dont get is why my multiplier is set at x9? Shouldnt it be higher if it was to be a 2.4 Ghz? Could someone help me with this problem? Thanks.

As I pointed out in another thread of yours, a socket 939 3500+ is only 2.2GHz, so how much sense would it make that a lesser CPU would be 2.4GHz?

jk88 said:
When i bought my AMD Athlon 64 3300+ it was said on the label that it was 2.4 Ghz. When i ran windows it showed that it was 1.8 Ghz. I figured out that my FSB was ok because it was set to 200 Mhz but what i dont get is why my multiplier is set at x9? Shouldnt it be higher if it was to be a 2.4 Ghz? Could someone help me with this problem? Thanks.

where did u buy it

Nubius said:
As I pointed out in another thread of yours, a socket 939 3500+ is only 2.2GHz, so how much sense would it make that a lesser CPU would be 2.4GHz?

Eh you guys dont know about these odd CPU's

A 3300+ is a SKT 754 3400+ (which IS clocked at 2.4 ghz) with half the L2 cache broken and being disabled.

Your multiplier should be 12 and a FSB of 2000.

I have never seen these 3300+'s on the open market, so you should be worried about where it came from.

i got mine from best buy.

Sometimes it does reach 12 but most of the time it is at 9. Is there anyway i can fix this problem or do i have to send it back?

Change it to 12x (thats what it should be)

Then SAVE the changes in your bios.

To make sure you are Okay, I would check for temperature readings in Windows just so you arnt overclocking a processer that isnt sopossed to be 2.4ghz, and then fry it.

he probably has low power management on so sometimes it lowers the fsb to 9 (i guess)

this 3300+ with a HP or compaq you bought?

its an hp.

you can change the multiplier to 12 in bios? if you can, what is the exact name of it?

That's strange i went to my bios and it said the computer has 2400 Mhz but when i went to my desktop to look at Ghz it was clocked at 1.8

I have never seen these 3300+'s on the open market, so you should be worried about where it came from.
lol yeah, that's basically the point I was making. I couldn't even find a 3300+ listed anywhere, sooooooo yeah, I've yet to see where there is one, much less one that is infact at 2.4GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom