MSI K7n2 Delta ILSR MOBO
AMD Athlong xp 2700+ w/ a volvano 7 Heatsink and Fan
2 Maxtor HD's 40 and 20 gigs (7200 RPM)
Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1 sound card
Asus CD R/RW 52x32x52
Hiatachi DVD 16x
ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256

Old ram == PC 2100 Housebrand (256x2)
New ram == Kingston HyperX PC3200 184 Pin (512x2)

Ok the problem as you might guess is the new RAM. I installed it this morning and tried to boot up. Instead of booting up all the lights on my fans started flickering and the fan speeds seemed considerably slower. I started to smell something not write (probably burning) so I immidiatley switched the computer off. I put the old ram back in and booted up. No smells and everything boots ok untill it trys to load windows. It goes to a black screen and just sits there and does nothing. I called Kingston today and they said to check for burn marks on the RAM and DIMM slots. Im pretty sure there arnt any. I dont know what to do and any comments would be helpful. Thanks

If my memory modules burnt up in my computer I would pray to god that my Radeon 9800XT wasnt destroyed I would "evacuate" all other components!!!!!! Ok you put the old ram back in and still didnt work? I think you destroyed the Ram slots, you would have to send the mobo back to the manufacturer for a professional repair. But it could be worse you could of fuc&ed up your CPU, the North/South bridge controllers, and any thing hooked up to the PCI/AGP slots. The hard drives and CDRom drives should be all right. I would have a system evaluation done and they can test all of the slots and cpu for you for like $30. They will tell you what busted and you have to decide whether to junk the board or repair it.

get kingston to pay for it if you did every thing right and get a dam good pc :)
threaten to go to the media ect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom