wide temperature range cable modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFguy

Beta member
I require a cable modem that will work at outdoor temperatures, -40 to +55 deg C or -40 to 131 degF. Can anyone tell me if they know of a company who makes such a thing or knows of a product which may use this type of cable modem. I have been searching all over the place and have only been able to find commercial cable modems that operate at indoor temperatures.

Wow...good question...
Are you going to the Artic and then to the Amazon? Sounds like a nice trip!
Anyway, you probably won't be able to find too many because most are implemented in an indoor, temp controled environment.
Is there any way you can control the temperature around where the cable modem will be?

-Mike

I thought about that and it would be possible to control the temperature but in order to do that I would have to use some sort of heater (ie power resistor controlled by a temp sensor and micro) when it is cold and a fan or blower when it is warm to regulate the temperature. This will take a fair bit of power and I am currently already over the allowable limit. The ideal solution would be to have a modem which could handle the temperature variations. I am pretty sure that I won't find a stand alone modem that will cover the temperature range but I was hoping that somebody might know of an outdoor product which uses a cable modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom