Why? and what is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
I am looking for a video card. I found some great prices i know there oem but what is bad about the plain radeon cards example here
. And this pro is 30$ cheaper then the XT here . And the xt here
What would you get having money in mind? The plain 9600 card in 70$ cheaper and it has 256 mb's.
(these prices are canadian)

I personally would go with the plain vanilla 9600 if it came with good memory for overclocking (in terms of raw performance, it low core/memory frequency puts it in a position near that of lower-end GeForce3 cards). Most of these 9600s come with RAM for lower speed ratings, which don't allow too much overclockability beyond stock. However, you're still getting better performance than even an FX 5600 card when anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is used. But if you need the extra 15-20 fps right out of the box (most definitely if you game very often), then the Pro would be the better choice. I could care less for more memory.

The prices really begin to get higher when the cards have extra options on them like Built in Dual Monitor Display, Video capture input, etc.

Usually, when you see a card with MORE memory and CHEAPER, it is just a simple video card without the built in goodies.

Yah thats the thing though i dont need the goodies i just want a card that will perform good in games and is cheap.

video cards

hi just wanted to let you know that I have purchased two 5900 se cards from Evga,and they are great,but when you buy a card you need to look at each card makers cards,because they are not all the same cards.Just because it says 9800 and or 5900 doesnt mean anything.One card maker will make a faster better card than the other maker,Evga and PNY both make very good cards,and with a little work you will find the same card by other makers to be slower,like XFX makes the same card as others make and on the web it will say that it is the exact same card but when you get it home you will find that it is slower core and slower ram,but not all there cards are this way.So buyer beware.Do your homework before you buy,but bye the way the card`s I bought from EVGA are very good card`s and they perform very good ,they were well worth the money and one of them came with call of duty and they both came with ghost recon,but they only give call of duty to one address only lol oh well.Well good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom