Why should someone go with a 939 over a 754?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen a computer that is future proof. If that is the only reason that is not good enough. Dual channel doesn't make that much of a difference.

no need to get angry, he's just answering your question, it is far more futureproof then socket 754, and imo dual channel can add quite a boost, plus they are nearly equal in price, so why not get 939? ya sure if your offered a free socket 754 setup you dont ask for something different, but it's just not quite as good

ingeborgdot said:
I have never seen a computer that is future proof. If that is the only reason that is not good enough.

Okay.... just to make sure we are politically correct here in our computer technology terminogoly......
"COMPUTER-THAT-HAS-A-BETTER-FUTURE-UPGRADE-PATH" is now going to be the replacement word for Future Proof.
Let me make this clear to every one else reading this thread that you are no longer allowed to use the phrase "FUTURE PROOF" in this thread as ingeborgdot finds it offensive.

At the rate things are going with AMD, Skt 939 is going to be replacing socket 754. You will have a greater chance with getting Socket 939 technology (CPUs and Processors) in the future than you will will Socket 754.

ingeborgdot said:
I have never seen a computer that is future proof. If that is the only reason that is not good enough. Dual channel doesn't make that much of a difference.

Well jesus christ man, I didn't even add any opinions just gave you flat answers.

And By the way. This is also not an opinion, Dual channel does make a lot of difference.

Oh and another thing, how about aftermarket cooling? You think they will keep making good after market cooling for 754?

939 is just a better buy, and it isn't much more expensive.

Dual channel is an excelent reason for going socket 939. It gives much better performance in memory-intensive games such as HL2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom