Why is my CPU slower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heffer

In Runtime
Hey guys

My friend and I have roughly the same computers hardware wise. Difference is that mine runs an Allendale processor,
E4500 2.2Ghz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800Mhz fsb.

And her's is a Conroe processor,
E6400 2.13Ghz, 2MB L2 Cache, 1066Mhz fsb.

I've overclocked my E4500 from 2.2 to 2.4GHz but mine is still slower than her's for some reason. I compressed the same video with WinRar on both our computers and mine took 60 sec but her's only took 40 sec.

I want to understand why my 2.4Ghz is slower than her 2.13Ghz. what's the difference between a Conroe and an Allendale bcuz they're both Core 2 Duo CPUs with 2MB of shared cache. I looked everywhere and the E6400 is more expensive than the E4500. plus it makes sense the E6000 series would be better than the E4000 series but how different are their architectures?

A lot of processes were going on at the time (i'm looking in the Task Manager). But always 99 of the cpu usage was for WinRar.

E4500 should perform as good as E6400

Don't forget that performance depends on software and Hardware. Maybe she have a faster hard drive, or maybe she have less process running on the task manager or maybe she have newer version of winrar......etc

So, the best way to compare your CPU with her is to use them on the same computer. So, you would have the same hardware and software.

I've overclocked my E4500 from 2.2 to 2.4GHz but mine is still slower than her's for some reason. I compressed the same video with WinRar on both our computers and mine took 60 sec but her's only took 40 sec.

So, her ship is 50% faster in those applications ?! Thats impossible !

I'm pretty sure that there is something wrong. Just remove your E4500 from your computer and try it on her computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom