Why Is My Cd Burner A Pos??

Status
Not open for further replies.

radguy

Baseband Member
i got a 52x24x52 cd burner and its a pos! it never burns nething completely! it keps on stopping and when i set a write speed and burns it at a different speed! it will burn at 1x sumtimes, and then 52x sumtimes, and all the numbers in between, but it usually stays at 10x! and i always get errors and it stops in the middle, plus the green light is always on when there is a disc in it, and it occasionally makes strange sounds

LOL! (the subject.....very blunt and funny)
What kind of burner do you have?
Some burners, DVD-ROMS and CD-ROMs use the light as a "disc in" indicator. As for the different speeds, what software are you using to burn and what kind of CD-Rs (RW)?

-Mike

im using cd-rs, its not the burning program because the same stuff has happened with three other ones, and it is a digital research burner....

and their tech support is the worst in the world

some CDRs can only be burned at certain speeds, some 52x, some 48x, some maybe even 10x.
if the burner stops in the middle maybe it is the computer/software not sending all the data to the burner.
what are all the specs of your computer, and the burning software?

im using easy cd creator 5 platinum and i got the patches so it works on xp, but it makes grinding noises too, and i kno it can do 52x, and thats exactly what it isnt doing, sending the data, it just gets really loud and u can hear it spped up but it isnt burning nething...... itll burn at 52x the TOC and then stop for about 6 min, just making noises like it is burning, then it wil burn at 16x, and stop at the end of each track for about 2 min, and then it finalizes if it gets that far

exchange your burner or replace it. that obviously hardware malfunction. what media brand you using and what is its max rated speed?

well its too late for exchanging.. it was only $20, and im getting a dvd burner soon.. so ill just use it for reading discs i guess.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom