Why a high-quality PSU is an essential purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys think i should keep the Earthwatts 380W in my folding rig?

Its powering an E1200 stock, boot hard drive, a couple led fans and
two oc'd 8800GT's. The system is running fine, ive had it on for about 2-3 days now with both cards on load, no bsods shutdowns or anything.

The psu is working a bit harder than before, because the exhuast fan is spinning faster, but im sure this psu can run over 75% load continously without crapping out.

And i did have to use a double molex to pci-e adapter, but those molex's arent connected to anything else, each card is running under
separate rails.

now i just wish i had 2 PCI-E 8 pin plugs. Where can i get a 6 pin to 8 pin adapter again? I know Nosboost300 posted something a long time ago about one, only problem is that the max watts that can go through the adapter is 150w.

I need to update my sig, im only running 2gb now because i pulled 1gb out
to run it in the other rig i just built.

Im on Xp Pro....i dont game all that much (only game i really play is cod4) but i do photoshop/audio production and other stuff, and i just love having loads of ram. Its cheap, so why not.

Yea, my cousin has a Raidmax case and used the stock psu that came with it. Lasted for like 2 years up until last year, he booted up his system then all of a sudden smoke was pouring out his case and heard crackling. It was the psu, and it fried his motherboard. Luckly that was all it did.

I used a a $20 DynaPower 500w for over 2 years. But I decided to upgrade just to be safe. I don't even think my DynaPower had the recommended amps for my old setup since my video card needed a lot.

My mom has this TERRIBLE psu in her rig... Can't run an 8800 gt... But it can power one 8500gt :p. I got it with her case, and the reviews said that the psu was strong enough...

Looking back I definatly should of got her a good psu just to be safe, but it appears this one hasn't pooped yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom