Why does my P4 2.4 Ghz only show as 1.8 Ghz???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have changed all that stuff. I've enabled the timing by SPD, changed the latency to 2.0 as per my cpuid program, and changed the interleave to 4 way also as per cpuid. When i've tried changing memory frequency, that's when my system doesn't boot, even if I leave the FSB jumpers at 100.

I'm positive it's a +. It even says it on the motherboard on a sticker next to the northbridge. The CPU is all that's bugging me.

New development.

I decided to flip flop the the RAM dimms and also try only one at a time. I also changed the MB jumpers back to 133 and booted. It started to post and it showed it as P4 2.4 Ghz. However, it hung after initial post and said that a windows file was corrupt and to stick in my XP CD. I did, but then nothing happened, so I reset it and tried again. Now it won't even get to post. I shut it down for a couple of minutes, and tried again and this time it posted and I pressed DEL to get into the bios. The settings had changed. The SDRAM frequency was now at 133 and the CPU clock speed read 133 as well. The multiplier was still locked though. Now when I went to save settings and exit, it froze up on me. I thought I had it. Now, I can't even get it to post anymore, it just hangs with a black screen.:angry:

I will never buy an ECS motherboard again, or at least stay away from AMI bios!

Go to advanced optoions in your bios setup.You ca=hange your front side buss there to 133.

it's definately the motherboard... i recently bought a motherboard/cpu combo from fry's and it was the ecs mobo and athlon 2600. it's not the same mobo as yours but it gives me the same problem... says it's 1.1ghz friend of mine is having same problem he has 2800 and same mobo shows up as 1250mhz

you should just buy a new mobo... that's what i'm gonna do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom