Why does my computer randomly keep reseting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanP

Baseband Member
My computer keeps randomly resteting, what do you reckon it could be? CPU over heating's the only thing i can think it would be

basicly its a driver or hardware issue , ill know more after ill analyze the recent logs get into c:\windows\minidump rar/zip all files and upload to http://www.upload2.net provide the link and ill get it checked and let you know , windows keep bsod logs in that folder and by default windows is set to restart on a bsod so..

your processor runs at stock speed or you overclocked it?
you added/upgraded any hardware recently?

to prevent the system from automatically restarting...

go to start -> settings -> control panel -> system
or my computer -> view system information.

click the advanced tab
click startup and recovery settings

uncheck "automatically restart"
heres a pic to show you...

restart.gif

see when i press f8 i have a option that says "use last known good configuration" i think its for drivers and my computer is still working fine. I had the same problem, 5 seconds after it boot into windows and windows explorer was still loading my computer would restardm, i think the longest i went without it restarting was like 15 seconds(i think that might be cuase it froze up for a few seconds). If you have that option when you press f8 well have fun use it :D.

it was caused by ALCXWDM.SYS (audio driver) get the latest or try an older version if you alredy got the latest , you welcome :)

lol, downloaded the drivers a day a ago, formated my computer and couldnt be botherd to look for the cd so downloaded them of the website.

What did you use to read the files and what were you looking for?
Seems a good function, wouldnt mind learning some information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom