Why does deleting files speed up a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth

Baseband Member
I was just wandering why a computer runs faster when you delete unessesary files. I mean what does the overall memory have to do with how fast it runs. I mean I can see why it speeds up when you have more RAM but why does it speed up when you have more HDD memory?

I dont know the exact awnser but i look at it like i do a human mind.

If your at work, do you work better and faster is your not stressed out?

When i have 100 things on my mind all at once i do not perform at anything well.

Not very technical but this is how i look at it lol.

I dont know the exact awnser but i look at it like i do a human mind.

If your at work, do you work better and faster is your not stressed out?

When i have 100 things on my mind all at once i do not perform at anything well.

Not very technical but this is how i look at it lol.

That's a good way to look at it.

deleting files doesn't make the computer run faster unless you are low on disk space. let me give you an anolgy about defragmenting and low disk space.

your bedroom is a hard disk. the stuff in the room are the files. an organized and tidy room will perform faster because things are easy to find and you have lots of space to put more things in it.

now lets say you are a slob and throw all your crap everywhere. your underwear and socks are over all of the empty pizza boxes lying on the floor....your room looks like a sh*tstorm hit it.

this would yield less performance because lets say you have an outfit you need to wear, but all your crap is scattered so you waste time finding stuff. also lets say you bought new stuff but your room is so messy you have to make room to put your new stuff into it, this wastes time. these 2 are the only reasons why defragging and low disk space effect system performance.

defragging makes finding stuff faster. deleting files when you have low disk space makes it faster when you need to add new files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom