Why do my music skips and stutters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
Why do my music skips and stutters?

I thought it was the internal sound card, so I bought a sound blaster live. Same Problem as before

I have a MSI MS-6570 Mainboard, 512 pc 3200 ram, AMD 2000 with 2 hard drives (80 and 160 gig) running off a promise raid card with sblive sound card

Any help is appreciated

when i update to the latest drivers on both cards, it make the problem worse (more stuttering). So I rollback to the Cd drivers

How can a codec help me? What codec should I download? I thinking that it is a hardware issue.

i had that same problem, and have noticed it on mainly slower processors. once i upgraded my processor i had no problems.. just a thought

I know that an amd 2000 isn't the fastest, but it isn't the slower processor out there. I hoping that maybe I have something configured wrong

I think it my Promise raid Ultra133. I'm running it on my regular Ide slot now and it hasn't stuttered (knock on wood) yet. It would always stutter when I try to do other things while listen to music.

P.s. while typing this, I was talking to somebody on the phone. 30 minutes went by with no stutter

Update

Updating the bios to my raid card seem to fix my problem. I had this problem for a couple of weeks. I guess buying a pci sound card today, and finding that I still had the problem, led me to troubleshoot other hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom