why is AMD as fast as INTEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
amd's budget isn't as big as intel is to go into research. amd processors always had heating issues which get hotter with higher clock speeds. and then there is the design of the actual chip which makes this a little harder for advanced micro design to accomplish.

don't worry, the 90nm core will solve most of your questions.

Regulus said:
Ok, so the FX-55 or whatever can be overclocked to JUST 2.8?!?!?! Come on now, Intel's well into the 3 gigs. Can't AMD pick up the pace a little?!?!

You know, the Athlon XP was rediculed like that.

Amd's FX-53, reagardless of low clockspeed, wrecks havoc on the best intel cpu on gaming benches. Even the 560 3.6 loses to the FX-53. Alot of gamers look forward into performance rather than speed. It's all about how smooth a game runs and how it is a lag free environment. Game loading time comes right after that.

its ok reg, ask your questions, thats how people learn.
do you have any other questions?? or anyone else for that matter??

i don't have all the answers reg, because i don't know everything, so i think its better you say that you'll post your questions.

xotix.. this was my post anyways i had a question thrown and nobody answered it ..... :(

to remind ya'll about it here it is again

lol.. thanks guys for the info

Now that i know a little more about it, could i ask you a question?

is there a way to know instructions per cycle or is it the same throughout all AMD cpus???

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, AMD 2800 is 2.08 ghz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine says it's 1.8 ghz ( 9X200) multXFSB in the bios and other

programs. Does is it mean it's wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom