Why am i getting DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL_TO BSOD's???

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
this ONLY happens when i have Azureus on

for those who don't know that it is, it's one of the biggest Bit Torrent clients (meaning it downloads .bittorrent files)

it's a java client and takes up around 70,000kb in task manager

SOOOOOOO......:

after waking up this morning, i decided to play half an hour of CS....nothing happened

then i went on some sites in firefox...nothing happened

then i open up Azureus for some P2P action while i try to get some work done

well ten minutes later, i heard my computer make a loud noise, so i come back and saw that it restarted...ok...so i open Azureus again

about 10 minutes later, my computer restarts again, so this time i open it and sit in front my my monitor and watch it

about 10-20 minutes later, i get the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO bsod (i'm pretty sure this is it...it showed it pretty fast and just restarted)

tttthen i left my computer on for half an hour idle and nothing happened, so i came to the conclusion that Azureus is causing this

but why? what does it have anything to do with drivers? hundreds of thousands of people use Azureus and it's probably fine with them...so why am i getting this? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

try using a different bt client, like bitlord, or bitcomet. maybe it is something to do with your internet, rather than Azureus itself. try browsing the internet for a while as see what happens. the bsod could be relating to the modem drivers. what sort of internet connection do you have?

That specific BSOD usually has something to do with running dual processor or HyperThreading type stuff. I used to get that with some programs or drivers that weren't used to SMP enabled systems.

EDIT: nvm, I see you have an AMD. *shrug* No idea then

I have had that problem before, turned out to be a broken connection between the molex connector and HDD and my HDD kept losing power and getting it back fast enough to keep the machine running but sometimes windows would see it as a serious problem and shut down. Little solder fixed the problem lol.

1.) i got a cable connection
2.) no spyware, no virus; i've checked my system with adadware spybot s'n'd, AVG, and avast! and the files i'm downloading are large files with hundreds of seeders and thousands of leechers with people replying that it works (well there's was like 20+ pages of feedback..)
3.) haven't tried different clients yet..but most of them are much slower than azureus though :\
4.) this ONLY happens when the computer is idle...few hours ago i turned on azureus and i was using my computer for like an hour with azureus on..nothing happened, then i turn off my monitor, walk away from my computer, got a drink (took like 30-45 seconds or so) and when i came back the computer restarted
5.) ughh...i hope i don't have your problem charles :(

You don't because my hard drive lost power more often when it was being used. Have you tryed backing up your files and doing a reformat?

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL means you have a driver problem somewhere. it means the driver is instructing your OS to try and access an address value higher than what's actually there.

it only happens in Azures, so it means that some hardware Azures is using does not have very good drivers.
I would say network card, because it uses your internet connection, although Firefox runs fine, so it might be something else.

just try installing newer (or older if you've already got the latest ones) drivers for everything one at a time, checking with Azures if it BSOD's, and if it stops BSODing, you've found which device it was

Thats probably the reason i recived the error when my hard drive would lose power like that, because my drivers eventually became corrupt with that crap going on

google define: irql

An internal priority level table used by the kernel to manage interrupt sources, such as hardware or software. Software interrupts are assigned the lowest priorities with hardware interrupt levels assigned higher priorities by the hardware abstraction table (HAL). Only kernel mode threads can change IRQLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom