Whow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
My pc seems to be runnin at 55-60 degrees and it even hit a 70 while i was playing a game. Anyway to cool this down a bit? The 5 fans dont seem to help the cpu temp at all... im guessing for good reasons, but back to the question, n e way to cool it down a bit?

that is a nice cpu hsf. maybe one reason it is getting hot is you dont have a good air current going on in there my case has a side fan blowing air strait onto the heatsink my cpu idle at 74 degrees and playing halo is about 85 degrees

set up

yea, my set up has 2 fans blowing in the front, 1 blowing in through the side and 2 blowing OUT the back.. like a vaccum effect kinda. But as for this heat sink, ill lookinto it. I dont really know how to change it and im a bit nervous over the whole thing, n e one got n e tips or know any links on how to change it?

Thanx-

It's better to have more exhaust than it is to have intake....of course finding out the CFM of all the fans and finding an equal balance would be best, but that's pretty much impossible :p

Have that side intake as an Exhaust and just have the two in front the intake...

OR you could make the two in the back as intakes and the rest exhaust so that way the air isn't going over your hot hard drives before getting back towards the CPU.

Nubius I think if the problem is his CPU is running hot, I would want to have the side fan as intake pointed right at the CPU...

That's why I suggested the back fans as intake. It will be much cooler air coming from the back than it would be the front. They would blow over the CPU and flow right out the side and front. Alternatively he could do back and side as intake and just the fronts as exhaust, but I've had side as both intake and exhaust before, and it depends a lot on how the other fans are setup. It's still more beneficial to have more exhaust than intake although yes I understand fully what you're saying about the air pointing directly onto the CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom