Who has liquid cooling? - Page 6 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 04:48 AM   #51 (permalink)
Sui
Ultra Techie

Yup, can't be 100% sure, but I'll say yeah. You might be able to eventually get 99.9% of the air out, but doesn't oxidation give off a gas? Who would be insane enough to pressurize a computer cooling system like that? I'm not sure, but I think something would bust when you got the water warm, it would be interesting to see though.

I can't tell you why air happens to form in the water, cause I honestly never bothered to find out, just knowing that it does is enough for me. I never questioned how air comes to be in the bottem of the ocean, or in my home depot style cooling system, and honestly don't care. In fact if you told me tomarro why, it would make no difference to me.

Now a question for you, do you always try to argue with everyone, if so how have you kept from being baned by now? Do you get you rocks off by trying to argue with someone, or do you really give a f about the dynamics of water? Don't get me wrong you don't piss me off or anything, I'm just curious about your motives thats all.

BTW sorry nub for contributing to this hyjack.

Old 02-10-2005, 05:32 AM   #52 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Well water is H20 so that's 2 hydrogen molecules and one oxygen, so air has to be in there. The water evaporates over time and as a result oxygen presents itself in the system is probably the best I could explain it but I don't really know.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:23 PM   #53 (permalink)
Monster Techie

lol, it just your perception of my post. it wasnt an argument, it was an idea/question?
------------------------------------
i wish i new, but i dont.. but if i were to guess, maybe its a cemical reaction between the water and some of the additives, along with temp changes in the system.

system temps only reach about half that of boiling. so i dont think it would be under a lot of pressure.. just a little pressur.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:16 PM   #54 (permalink)

Yeah we're starting to get into dynamics well beyond simple liquid cooling
Old 02-10-2005, 07:25 PM   #55 (permalink)
Build Guru

Just get something good and go w/ it. Who really cares what it is as long as it worx right?

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:41 PM   #56 (permalink)

Well considering after installing the setup I haven't even gotten to use my comp because now I'm having to troubleshoot it due to an insane amount of restarts and blue screens......good stuff.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:47 PM   #57 (permalink)
Him
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Him Send a message via Yahoo to Him

Dude, same problem I had with my computer. Check your BIOS, do you have a thermal setting in there? Designed to shut down your computer at a certain temp? I got that, and I wasnt sure why my computer was restarting. Simple, it's was overheating. Why? Well, first, I followed the instructions of my water cooling sustem, and it told me to put a nice layer of compound over the entire surface of the processor. I did that. Low and behold, my computer was overheating! Man, were they wrong. So I took off the water block, meticulously removed all of the compound, and applied just a small amount of compound (From what was recommended in one of my previoius posts) but I still had the same problem. This new problem was due to 'air-lock' (Sorry everyone, but, once again (nubius) I used the wrong wording. I claimed it as vapor lock, my bad. So I played around with my system, squeezing the tubes to get the air out. The air will not let itself out if it is in the middle of the system, it will just sgtay there and chill. Quite possibly ceasing the flow of water. So I did that and it now works fine.

In conclusion, Nubius, I think that your computer is overheating. Make sure the flow of water is there, and that you have the appropriate amount of compound. I dont want to be condasceinding, but that is something that most people overlook. More often than not, it is the 1337 that overlook it.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:26 PM   #58 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to YanBooth

VapoChill!
Old 02-14-2005, 06:39 PM   #59 (permalink)
Monster Techie

thats an airconditioner except built to fit inside your computer. looks kinda pricey too.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:45 PM   #60 (permalink)
Him
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Him Send a message via Yahoo to Him

Well, he answered the before argument. Much easier than the idea of using your house AC, seeing that idea was nearly implausible.

Quote:
Originally posted by jolancer
thats an airconditioner except built to fit inside your computer. looks kinda pricey too.
Boy are you wrong... It's a LOTTA BIT pricey! That thing cost more than a car payment. I WANT IT!!!

Closed Thread