white screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bass_man

Baseband Member
hey everyone. i got a IBM thinkpad laptop and its kinda old(windows 98 SE). latley the screen has just randomly went white. the computer itself didnt shut down, the screen just went blank. does anyone know whats up with this and how i can fix it. it mainly happens when i close the lid.

any help is greatly appreciated!:) :D

uhh yea...dont close the lid. ;)

Hmm, I would try reinstalling all your drivers, and if that dont work then your best bet would to just format and reinstall (or give it to me ;) )

I don't have a laptop but I have 98SE. I View my desktop as a webpage and if my graphic drivers crash it gives me a white screen. Try reinstalling/upgrading your graphics drivers if it continues to happen.

Laptop is probably set for hibernation mode or something off the sort when closed. XP ESPECIALLY has a problem with this. Disable it. It has a problem coming back out. If all else fails, then reinstall (after drivers etc). Check the APS in windows and BIOS and disable the hibernation and any power saving mode like hibernation, sleep, etc. You can try a service patch with windows, but I dont really rely to much on those. Tend to not work like expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom