where to put: 2 120mm fans and 2 80mm fans??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaross

Baseband Member
here is some pics of my case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...ck Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
here is a link to a pic of hole for the front fan:
http://www.gen-x-pc.com/images/X-CRUISER-BK-11_500.jpg
It came with 2 80mm Aspire fans and I bought 2 Thermaltake 120mm fans.

I was thinking of putting one of the 80mms on the blowhole blowing air out(no mounts or hole size for 120mm) and one on the side hole in the case window sucking air in. also, should I use the tunnel thing that comes with the case that looks like it is supposed to direct the air at the cpu?

Then, I was thinking I would use one of the 120mm fans in the front sucking air into the case and one in the back blowing air out.

is this good? will using both 120mm fans be that much better then just using one? any other suggestions

Well, i've never worked with that case, but i can pretty much tel you this.

Put (1) 120mm in the rear (blowing out) , (1) 120mm in the front (blowing in) (1) 80mm on the side blowing out - I wouldn't use your fourth one.

Using both 120mm fans as i suggested is only as good as the case design. You basically want cooler outside air brought into your case, to be mixed with the warm air inside, then the rear fan will remove the mixed air out the rear of the case. This mixing is what gives your case good airflow. Good airflow = better heat disipation = better cooling of your components. The 80mm fan will basically be for show. If you set up the (2) 120mms properly, the 80mm won't be needed. This will save you a few db in noise level as well as a few watts.

The round plastic cuppling that comes with that case is really designed for Intel P4's or high-end 64's. That attachment only works well if you have the CPU fan reversed as to blow heat out and away from the cpu, then have another 80mm fan inside that attachment helping remove that heat from the CPU. Other wise, don't use it.

good luck...

HAVOC2k5 said:
Well, i've never worked with that case, but i can pretty much tel you this.

Put (1) 120mm in the rear (blowing out) , (1) 120mm in the front (blowing in) (1) 80mm on the side blowing out - I wouldn't use your fourth one.

Using both 120mm fans as i suggested is only as good as the case design. You basically want cooler outside air brought into your case, to be mixed with the warm air inside, then the rear fan will remove the mixed air out the rear of the case. This mixing is what gives your case good airflow. Good airflow = better heat disipation = better cooling of your components. The 80mm fan will basically be for show. If you set up the (2) 120mms properly, the 80mm won't be needed. This will save you a few db in noise level as well as a few watts.

The round plastic cuppling that comes with that case is really designed for Intel P4's or high-end 64's. That attachment only works well if you have the CPU fan reversed as to blow heat out and away from the cpu, then have another 80mm fan inside that attachment helping remove that heat from the CPU. Other wise, don't use it.

good luck...

that just shows how much I know. I just thought the more air comming in and going out of the case at the same time the better.

How do i reverse the cpu fan?

wouldnt it be better to have the 80mm fan in the blowhole as heat goes up though?

and all this time, i thought a bad case didnt have a blowhole in it..

Yes, you want a fan blowing out of the blowhole.

Your CPU fan should be blowing onto the heatsink. If it's not, unscrew the screws holding it and flip it over.

Lie I said, 120 in front sucking in, 80 in the side sucking in, 120 in the back blowing out, 80 in the top blowing out. You need a good bit of air flow, and heat rises. By having the blowhole fan and the 120 in the back you're getting the hot air out. The 120 in the front is sucking in (hopefully) cooler air, and the side fan is blowing outside air straight down at the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom