Where do you purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gospel

In Runtime
Where is your favorite place to buy pc hardware online? Here are the 3 places I've purchased from and the advantages or disadvantages in them.

Newegg - Their prices seem to be very good, their site is set up well, but out of the 3 places I've bought they have the slowest shipping.

Tigerdirect - They seem to have the best prices that I've found but there is a catch. Almost everything they sell has a rebate on it. So far out of two items I purchased, I've never received any rebate checks. Shipping is very quick.

Zipzoomfly - Out of the other places I believe their site is setup the best. Shipping is ok and prices are ok. It seems their selection is not as good as either of the two above.

Where do you shop online for hardware (I'm always looking for better deals)?

Usually I shop at newegg and their shipping is usually a day ahead of schedule. If you want really cheap prices check out Pricewatch.com but be careful because its more of a database that links you to multiple sellers so some of them can be bad. Check ratings on the stores before you buy from them if you dont already know of them and their reputation.

www.overclockers.co.uk :p - expensive, but I always check my hardware there due to it having a very good server, so I don't have to wait any time at all for the page to load - and everything is well laid out. They are very good with the delivery with ordering at 5 and I recieved it the next day.

ZipZoomFly never loads for me - I think they somehow block non-us IP addresses or something.

I think gospel got it right. LOL - Rebates... I freakin' hatem!!!
I've waited as long as 12 weeks for a 20 dollar rebate. Then you only have 90 days to cash the sucker!!!

WHAT!!!!

Mwave, Monarch, Outpost, Compusa, Bestbuy,Circuit CIty. (I only go to the retailers for the cheap hard drive deals :) )

algu7344 said:
Tigerdirect and Newegg are both very good places to shop. Pretty much everywhere else=****.

Have you tried other places? Sometiems newegg doesn't have the best prices. Sometimes they price gouge(X2 anyone?). Sometimes they don't let negative comments in their reviews. Newegg isn't perfect. Its best to buy from a variety of places.

Hacp said:
Have you tried other places? Sometiems newegg doesn't have the best prices. Sometimes they price gouge(X2 anyone?). Sometimes they don't let negative comments in their reviews. Newegg isn't perfect. Its best to buy from a variety of places.

LOL - sometimes? then never let negative comments in the reviews. I saw a review for the new FX57 where someone actually wrote this review.

"Amazing
I have my fx-57 overclocked to 13.5ghz on air cooling!! With 2 10,800 ultras in sli, 100gbs of ddr2- 5ghz ram 1-1-1-2 timings, the dfi nf4 sli-dr, 2x raptors 500gb 50,000 rpm hard drives. I hold the current wrs for every benchmark in the whole world!!! This is teh best chip in teh whole entire universe!!!"

It's still there.
http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/FeedBack/CustratingReview.asp?item=N82E16819103558

Newegg pretty much has the best prices always, and yes I have tried other places, and they pretty much all suck compared to tiger direct and newegg. Sorry to break it to ya.

Like what places? Name them. Cause many people here will tell you that its not best to just buy from one place, unless it DOes have the best prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom