What's Your Stance on this?

Is AMD Smoother in games? (don't just vote, post why you said it)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
So this mostly applies to people have owned both AMD CPU's and Intel CPU's..

I want to know if the whole hype on AMD being smoother in games and Windows is true... I'm not really sure on this: I thought it was when I compared my friend's C2E QX9650 OC'ed @ 3.8ghz rig with his 8500gt (ripped by Cyberpower... enough said ;)) and my HD 3200 overclocked and X2 4600+ @ Stock in COD4... we got around the same FPS, his being a little bit higher, but when my friend and I compared the smoothness (all other variables were same like: settings in COD4, mouse sensitivity.. everything) He did have a gaming mouse but for this experiment we used two of these Dell ball mouses to make sure it wasn't flawed... I noticed a difference, so did my friend...

Some see it, some don't.. I want to see what people say though

I've always had Intel in my machines, except for pre-built machine I had roughly a year or so ago. My verdict?

There is no difference. At least I haven't noticed one, every game I played on that AMD machine played just as well on an Intel machine. No slow down, no delays and same settings for each game.

Determining if there is a difference in smoothness will be difficult because so many variables can affect smoothness besides the cpu. The systems ram, motherboard, and graphics card could all affect the perceived smoothness.

To prove it one way or another you would have to use all the same components except the cpu and motherboard (for obvious reasons) with the motherboards both having the the same pcie speed. You would also have to ensure that the people comparing them did not know which system was which to eliminate any potential for bias.

I don't think there is difference but I have no problem being proved wrong.:)

Obviously, there is going to be different motherboards, because mobos can't support both AMD and Intel. So, there's no way to make an exactly identical machine with just a different processor. Also, every game is different, and every specific computer build will come out slightly different. You would have to test a load of games and keep the computers' environments completely controlled.... bla bla bla.

And how are you picking the AMD and Intel cpus? Price or frequency?

So, in conclusion, there's too many differences to flat out say "AMD is better for gaming".

just based on playing at high frame rates which seems to be smoother and such. i haven't really seen a huge difference, but my amd proc was old and had a worse setup then what i have now. but i suppose if i had 2 machines going i might be able to put more time into seeing if there's the smoothness aspect, but i don't really remember it being any different.

keeping the same gpu, i whent from a 4000+ to a q6600 and i noticed the speed boost right away as i was mainly capable of maxing it with the q6600 and not with the 4000+

Ok, I guess it was just happenstance that it happened then... oh well... GPU's matter more anyways :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom