Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimmick

Solid State Member
Poll: If you were building yourself a computer, (and most of you that read this probably are.) which would you choose for your CPU manufacturer?

1. AMD
2. Intel

I'm also interested in the opinions of those who have used both AMD and Intel processors. What are the pros and cons to haveing AMD or Intel CPUs?

I've had a little experiance with an AMD and I didn't like it.

i think we had this poll already,..anyway...i voted AMD since ive been planning to build an AMD based pc. I might able do it just before XMAS.

anyway,...for pros and cons....

AMD if you want blazing fast speed, this is due to the chip efficient core architecture. the chips run a bit hotter than the intels.

INTEL(P4) if you want your pc to be compatible with most third party hardware and software. a 2ghz proc runs on par with AMD's 1.5ghz.

however,..nowadays,..the fastest chip from both manufacturer run at almost the same speed.

IMO,..there are no real pros and cons. both are good chips, and i've said this time and again..that its just personal preferences that count.
past polls and threads like this did not end with a clear winner as to which proc is faster or better...because each proc has its own group of followers and fanatics.

Intel have done a lot more research on making their chips, and their faster model P4's have really gotten so much better - i heard that in some places you can get a P4 cheaper than an AMD nowadays

.II...II....II..IIIIIIIIIII.IIIIIIIII...III..........IIII
III..III...III.IIIIIIIIIII.IIIIIIII....III..........IIIII
III..IIII..III......III......III..........III..........IIII
III..IIIII.III......III.....IIIIIIII....III...........III
III..III.IIIII......III.....IIIIIII.....III............II
III..III..IIII......III.....III..........III............V
III..III...III......III.....IIIIIIIII..IIIIIIIIII..IIII
II....II....II.......II......IIIIIIIII..IIIIIIIIII..III

Yeah.. I'm an AMD fan.. Honestly, this has less to do with the chipset itself than it does with my need to "stop the MAN from keepin me down". lol..

I also like the lower prices.. Easier on the checkbook (and easier to convice the wife to let me buy)..

Alexander

My new PC is going to be AMD based. Alexander makes my two main points. Price, and the need to use someting less mainstreem. But in my case it's mostly price.
AMD chips, at least the one i'm getting (2200+) are also a bit more stable the the P4's of the same speed from what I've read.

I'll be turning 15 in a couple of weeks so i'll be able to get a job and get parts for a computer and build one myself

I Prefer Intel over AMD, but I prefer Macs over Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom